Saturday, April 11, 2009

First draft.

After hours of work editing and subtitling (mostly subtitling), I have finished my first draft. As far as the editing, it was fairly simple and straightforward. For the subtitling, the best way I've found to do it is to get my film making partner to translate for me and I fit them in myself. When I did my previous documentary, the subtitles were translated and inserted at the same time, which lead to a lot of frustration. Breaking up the work made it a lot easier and less frustrating. Occasionally I wasn't sure about timing, but in those cases, I would simply do my best and have my partner check it for me. I think it went pretty well.

The video is long, though. Clocking in at almost 17 minutes, I think it might be too much. The time for the first draft has come, so I think I'll stop and then see other people's reactions. I also know there is no B-roll and it gets boring visually after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment